If you're allergic to dogs, but still want to have one, consider the following tips to reduce your allergy symptoms:
- Choose a smaller dog, which will shed less dander than will a larger dog.
- Keep your pet out of your bedroom and other rooms in which you spend a lot of time.
- Keep your pet outside, if weather permits.
- Bathe your pet weekly to remove dander from its coat.
- Choose carpet-free flooring, or shampoo your carpet regularly.
- Use a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) purifier and vent filters to help reduce airborne pet allergens.
Article Credit: Mayo Clinic